Sunday, May 13, 2012

In Celebration of Mothers

Women know
The way to rear up children (to be just)
They know a simple, merry, tender knack
Of tying sashes, fitting baby shoes,
And stringing pretty words that make no sense,
And kissing full sense into empty words.

- Elizabeth Barrett Browning




In celebration of mothers near and far...thank you for the many ways you make the world go round.  There is no greater honor than motherhood.  It is a noble quest to instill good sense into your children, all the while enveloping them in a thousand kisses and hugs.  While I know I often fail at being "the perfect mother," my prayer is that I consistently demonstrate to my children that there is great worth in actively trying to be a better, kinder, more compassionate, more patient, appreciative and faith-filled person.  My own sweet mother modeled this so beautifully over the years and inspires me still.  There is so much joy in the journey of motherhood.  Let us dedicate today - a day devoted to all women everywhere committed to caring for others - to the simple joys of being simply grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment